I am an open-source Jupyter developer and community leader and staff software engineer at Databricks in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. In Jupyter, I have worked primarily on JupyterLab and the interactive Jupyter Widgets system. I currently serve on:
- Project Jupyter Executive Council (since 2023)
- NumFOCUS Advisory Council (since 2018)
- Jupyter Community Building Committee (and helped lead Jupyter Community Workshops since 2018).
- Jupyter Trademarks Committee (since 2019)
Previously, I was a senior software engineer at Bloomberg (2014-2021), an assistant professor of mathematics at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, served on the Jupyter Steering Council (2015-2022), and contributed to the open-source SageMath software system for many years.
jasongrout records most of my current open-source work. I am currently trying out Mastodon at @email@example.com. Opinions expressed here are my own.
- Resume.pdf is my one-page resume (as of 2021).
- Conferences lists conference talks I’ve given.
- Scholarship lists papers and other publications.
- Teaching lists math courses I’ve taught over the years.